Monday, January 12, 2009

Top 5..2009

ESPN has the following top 5 for next year.
1- Florida
2- Texas
3- Oklahoma
4- USC
5- Alabama

My Top 5 and the reasons why-

1- Florida. Tim Tebow returns with almost every starter on both sides of the ball. Starters coming back is nice, very nice, but the Gators start and end with TT. I know some are tired of hearing about do no wrong Tebow, but he really is great. I don't think I've ever seen one player will his team to so many victories. If they are focused throughout the year, I don't know how anyone will beat them.

2- USC. If Sanchez returns the offense will be much improved to a team that puts up 30 points per game. The defense will be depleted, but we're talking about the Trojans who stack up NFL talent behind NFL talent. Don't believe me? Matt Kassel. 3rd teamer for the Trojans who became one of the best this year following Brady's injury. Last, they play in the WAC 10, er, PAC 10.

3- Alabama. Call me a homer, but the Tide appeared to be poised for a return to prominence. The big question is whether or not they can actually replace All World Tackle Andre Smith. DJ Fluker seems to be a highly touted, highly talented recruit, but its different going against SEC speed. If they get by ESPN preseason #7 Virginia Tech in the season opener, you could see an undefeated SEC Championship game against the Gators.

4- Oklahoma. This should come with an asterick. This ranking is being based on Bradford coming back. While not the same guy Tebow is, he is much more accurate in the passing game. In fact, I believe Bradford is the most accurate of any college QB I have ever watched. With their offense, you're always in games.

5- LSU. I think we see a resurgence in the Tigers next year. With a new defense and a highly talented QB, the Tigers appear to be poised to challenge Alabama for SEC West.

No comments: